Epsilon 175 Payload
- The Epsilon 175 developed by Octopus is the first optronic turret on the market to bring an uncooled thermal camera on a chassis of less than 3 kg. It is equipped with a high definition video with x30 zoom and an MWIR camera coupled with an x15 zoom. A range finder and laser designator completes the list of sensors embedded on this ball. The Epsilon 175 is a peripheral that is unparalleled at present for any inspection or observation mission on a drone weighing less than 15 kg. The MWIR sensor makes it possible to use this optronic ball on missions such as gas leak detection. It is therefore the perfect tool for the monitoring and inspection of gas pipeline infrastructures. For ISR mission, it allows the user to reach detection range up to 6 km.
EPSILON 175 Details
- a 30x optical zoom electro-optical (EO) sensor.
- 15x optical zoom MWIR sensor.
- laser range finder and laser illuminator.
- Direct Drive Stabilization. STABILIZED FOUR-SENSOR GIMBAL WITH MWIR.
- Multiple Sensor Options. Smallest 4 sensor MWIR gimbal with long range continuous zoom capability.
- Electronic Video Stabilization. Electronic stabilization with roll correction, removes the high frequency jitter often found on small unmanned aircraft platforms. This significantly reduces the operator workload and allows to concentrate on the mission objective.
- Scene Steering. Epsilon 175 will automatically hold the video centered on the scene, independent of the aircraft movement, even at tele-zoom setting.
- Retraction Mechanism. Epsilon 175 is available with a lightweight retraction mechanism as well as matched vibration isolators. The retraction mechanism weight is 420 grams, with a rugged design and is suitable for high acceleration catapult launches and parachute recoveries.
- H.264 Internal Encoder. The video is encoded with H.264 compression format to support IP datalink options and to reduce datalink system bandwidth requirement.
- Non-ITAR Epsilon 175 is a non-ITAR product and is freely available worldwide
- Plug and Play Simply connect the Epsilon 175 to a power, network and serial communication cable – and its ready to use. No need for any additional time consuming integration.
- Epsilon 175 is capable of hands-free tracking of moving objects. The operator can allocate the target and zoom in, while the onboard processor will hold the target in the center of the video screen, regardless of the aircraft movement direction. This is a fundamental feature for long-range surveillance, monitoring applications and law enforcement applications. Target tracking is paramount in applications where the aircraft is moving, and when the object of interest is moving relative to the ground.
Rugged and Lightweight, Environmentally Sealed Design
- The Epsilon 175 offers benefits for both small and larger UAV manufacturers –decreasing the weight of the payload enhances platform endurance, allowing for longer missions or capacity to carry other equipment.
- As has been the case with previous Epsilon gimbals, which offer stand out stabilization performance and advanced functionality, the Epsilon 175 features highly accurate integrated sensors, and advanced mechanical engineering.