EPSILON 140 PAYLOAD
- Epsilon 140 has a state-of-the-art onboard image processing capability. The onboard processing leads to a rock-solid target tracking performance and eliminates any communication latency issues. Its processed video reduces the data rate and requires lower bandwidth datalinks, which is of extreme importance for modern UAVs. The video stream, along with snapshots, can be stored in HD quality onboard the Epsilon 140.
EPSILON 140 Details
- Ultimate stability at 30x optical zoom.
- Global shutter sensor for exceptional image clarity.
- Supreme image quality with 720p HD sensor.
- Industry-leading surveillance range with unique 60 mm IR lens.
- Direct Drive Stabilization. Direct drive torque motor stabilization produces stable video even at 30x optical zoom or up to 1.3° vertical field of view.
- Multiple Sensor Options. Epsilon 140 is available with multiple sensors, including a high-sensitivity 640x480 IR night sensor with a unique 60 mm IR lens.
- Electronic Video Stabilization. Electronic stabilization with roll correction, removes the high-frequency jitter often found on small unmanned aircraft platforms. This significantly reduces the operator workload and allows it to concentrate on the mission objective.
- Scene Steering. Epsilon 140 will automatically hold the video centered on the scene, independent of the aircraft movement.
- Retraction Mechanism. Epsilon 140 is available with a lightweight retraction mechanism as well as matched vibration isolators. The retraction mechanism weight is 420 grams, with a rugged design, and is suitable for high-acceleration catapult launches and parachute recoveries.
- H.264 Internal Encoder. The video is encoded with H.264 compression format to support IP data-link options and to reduce data-link system bandwidth requirement.
- Non-ITAR Epsilon 140 is a non-ITAR product and is freely available worldwide.
- Plug and Play Simply connect the Epsilon 140 to a power, network, and serial communication cable and it is ready to use. No need for any additional time-consuming integration.
- Epsilon 140 is capable of hands-free tracking of moving objects. The operator can allocate the target and zoom in, while the onboard processor will hold the target in the center of the video screen regardless of the aircraft movement direction. This is a fundamental feature for long-range surveillance, monitoring applications, and law enforcement applications. Target tracking is paramount in applications where the aircraft is moving and when the object of interest is moving relative to the ground.
Rugged and Lightweight, Environmentally Sealed Design
- You can operate the Epsilon 140 in any conditions. IP64 rated, it has an environmentally sealed construction and will protect electronics from dust and heavy rain. Its robust aluminum structure is optimized for demanding applications where the gimbal needs to handle shock and rapid accelerations. Epsilon 140 can handle routine parachute recoveries, net recoveries, belly landings, and catapult launches with ease.