Ugandan speed enforcement system
Uganda is located in East-Central Africa. It is bordered to the east by Kenya, to the north by South Sudan, to the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, to the south-west by Rwanda, and to the south by Tanzania.
To secure Uganda’s roads with Speed Enforcement Cameras.
Started in 2014
- By cooperation with Safe Way Right Way Uganda organization we secured Uganda's roads with large number of lidars that can detect the speed of passing motor vehicles.
- The designed system is more effective and efficient in tracking and capturing information on over speeding vehicles and reporting to the traffic police automatically, provides great safety, help in avoiding accidents, A traffic officer doesn’t need to keep standing or chase down a speeding vehicle every now and then and It helps in generating valuable reports for traffic police which include vehicle counts.
- Lidars are primarily used in law enforcement to sense the moving vehicle speed and record traffic violations. With the introduction of video recording systems.
- Improve environment by Lower speed which is more efficient leading to lower fuel consumption. This will help reduce carbon emission and global warming.
- If speed cameras are used and placed in the best locations, then cutting speed, can and will save lives.